Pet Costumes – few tips to keep your pet safe
While pet costumes are indeed adorable, keep in mind that not every pet will do well in a costume. For some pets, costumes can even be dangerous. Here are a few tips to keep your pet safe this Halloween:
- Ensure that the costume allows your pet to move freely.
- Avoid anything with elastic straps that go under the chin or around the neck. If your pet can’t make noise (meowing, barking, etc.), it may be because the costume is interfering with your pet’s ability to breathe.
- Make sure the costume isn’t annoying, unsafe, or will constrict the animals ability to move or hear.
- Never leave any animal unattended in a costume!
- If you plan on having your pet wear a costume, consider helping it get accustomed to the costume by putting it on them for a few minutes at a time over the course of several days.
- Take a close look at your pet’s costume and make sure it does not have small, dangling or easily chewed-off pieces that your pet could choke on. Also, ill-fitting outfits can get twisted on external objects or your pet, leading to injury.
- If your pet seems distressed, allergic or shows abnormal behavior while in the costume, consider letting him go au naturale or donning a festive bandana.
With all that said, here are a few costumes that might delight both you and your pet!
|Tootsie Roll Dog Costume||Superman Dog Costume||Pet Reindeer Ugly Sweater Pet Costume|